Sunday 24 July 2022

Show Us The Father

I recently watched the interesting documentary, "Show Me the Father "by the Kendrick Brothers.
This 90 minute film depicts the role of the Father and how the Glory of God is revealed in it. However, too many fathers these days fail their children.

One of the highlights of this film was how the first families (in the history books of the Bible) would pass their blessing and favor on to their children (sons).
Many children grow up fatherless; others (like myself) grew up with a father that was never there. My dad mocked and cursed me and had a use for me, then called me "no good" when I stopped allowing myself to be used by him. Not only was he a professed Christian, but he calls himself a pastor and evangelist...

Psalm 27:10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.

When you go to Bible Gateway (KJV) and type in the word 'Father' you get 1511 results. The book of John alone has 116 verses with the word 'Father' in it. John 3:35 says, "The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand."
When a father loves, he will entrust all things to his child - knowing that he raised them right; this includes good judgement!
John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
To raise a child right, it must be done with integrity. We see from the following verse that God, our Father, seeketh the integrity in heart as true lovers and worshippers of Him.
John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Stats show that those raised without a father are more likely to end up with addiction, in prison, depressed and commit suicide and more. The majority of the people on earth do not have a loving father and the chaos on earth proves it.

The passage of John 14:7-14 demonstrated the struggle with our understanding that We Have A Father!

"If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it."

Jesus is clearly telling us that We Have A Father!

As a (struggling) Christian, many times I feel like I am way off-out of God's sight and mind - constantly mulling over the sins' of my past and present...
I also struggle with other challenges - one of them being that I don't know how to identify myself as a daughter of the Heavenly Father; He is God, just not Father.
Throughout my life, I have taken a lot of unkindness; so when it comes to comprehending the Father's kindness, I find it difficult.

Luke 15:20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

I see the above verse that I am a great way off; but that doesn't stop the Fathers affection.

Unkind words and actions is not where our identity is; our true identity is where the Father's love and compassion is.

Isaiah 49:16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
Remember this and know that Your Heavenly Father is with you - always.

God Bless,
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment